BlackCat WoW PS Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A (Work In Progress) Pally Guide - For both Ally & Horde

3 posters

Go down

A (Work In Progress) Pally Guide - For both Ally & Horde Empty A (Work In Progress) Pally Guide - For both Ally & Horde

Post  Kevin Smith Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:17 pm

Heya, welcome to my (work in progress) pally guide.
My nick in the server is FHPFTW™ (FemaleHumanPallyForTheWin !!™), my Kaskus forum nick is Kevin Smith.
While I'm not yet a Jedi of the pally class, I've played this class for about 3 years now, so I'm pretty much an experienced Padawan :p

DISCLAIMER :
For those new to pally class, here's what you should know :
1) We have no RANGED attack
2) We CANT dual wield
3) In most raids, we are mostly support class, not the DPS classes. By support I mean healing and cleansing debuffs.
If you are good with your skills and have good gears, you can of course be the main tank, although this seldom happens, and usually a protadin becomes a secondary tank.
4) We are one of the most gear dependant class in WoW.

If you dont like those facts, please reroll to another class that's more suitable for your prefered playstyle.

Having said that, if you decided to stick to your pally, then please read along and welcome to one of the most versatile class in MMO king

Here's a rough guide on how to spend your talent points in BlackCat's server:

Lvl 10-mid 20's :
Go retribution talents all the way !
Here's what your talent tree should look like :
http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=sZZVfxt00uVIot

After you filled out your retri talent tree, you should then move out to the holy tree
Here's what your holy talent tree should look like :
http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=sVxhMxz

After level 40ish, and after you grabbed yourself some decent plate gears, be sure to get a fast 1 hander (with speed < 2.20) and a good shield.
It's time to go prot !
Here's what your prot tree should look like :
http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=sZVhtIx0zggqt

Note :
1) At this time, it might be a good idea if you do a respec, just grab the prot tree all the way, and the holy tree if you still got extra talents points. Retri tree should be filled last, since you're gonna mostly do a Protadin/Porcupinadin AoE grinding to clear quests and well, grinding :p

2) In the prot tree, Anticipation should be filled last, you should go all the way down to Avenger's Shield before getting Anticipation.

What's that ? What's a "Porcupinadin AoE Grinding" ??
Glad you asked !!

Here's what it is and what you should do :

1) Use retribution aura
2) Use Improved Righteous Fury
3) Use Blessing of Sanctity
4) Put shield spike on your shield (you can ask me in game for one, I have the mithril shield spike recipe atm)

5) Grab 4-5 same level melee mobs. Seriously, you need to agro and have 3-5 same level mobs pounding on you to make this work beautifully.

6) Cast Seal of Light (or Wisdom, as necessary) and judge that seal to the 1st targeted mob

7) Recast your Seal of Light (or Wisdom, it might be a good idea judge Light and recast Wisdom, and vice versa as necessary) and use your auto attack on the targeted mob which already got a seal judge on it.

8.) Use your Holy Shield EVERYTIME it's available

9) Rinse and repeat
Your Hp and/or mana bar wont be going down, at most occassions you'll ended up having (almost) full HP and mana after the fight with those mobs.
The key to this is reckoning, you'll get extra attack which will fill up your HP/Mana bar with your active seal, and melee mobs will simply kill themselves by hitting your retri aura + BoSanc + Shield Spike + weapon attack.

10) Profit !!!

If you've been leveling as retri build using a 2 hander, and had a hard time fighting 2 mobs at the same time, I guarantee the 1st time you pulled off this Protadin/Porcupinadin grinding successfully, you'll be grinning from ear to ear and will say to yourself, "this is sooo overpowered !!"

Just remember 1 thing, Protadin eats melee mobs for breakfast, but we're mostly gonna die if we face casters.

DO NOT pull CASTERS !!!! (unless necessary :p)

This is a simple guide for the new pallies in this server, writing this @ work and I gotta go back to work now.

Feel free to talk to me in game if there's anything you're unsure of with this rough guide, and/or just write down your pally related questions here, I will try to answer them Smile

Happy AoE-ing, fellow pallies !

Kevin Smith
Officers

https://s20.photobucket.com/albums/b202/Valaluveang/Posters/

Back to top Go down

A (Work In Progress) Pally Guide - For both Ally & Horde Empty Re: A (Work In Progress) Pally Guide - For both Ally & Horde

Post  Kevin Smith Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:59 pm

Protadins (looking @ you, Grey :p) :

When you're in Zangarmarsh - Outland, DO NOT FORGET to grind up the Sporeggar faction !

This is the reason why you should do that : Petrified Lichen Guard

This item is a must have, no excuses whatsoever, will-hunt-you down-if-you-dont-get-it, shield that will last you forever, wont be obsolete soon thing.

Seriously.

You must have this !

Kevin Smith
Officers

Back to top Go down

A (Work In Progress) Pally Guide - For both Ally & Horde Empty Re: A (Work In Progress) Pally Guide - For both Ally & Horde

Post  draque Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:16 am

wow.. nice shield! ok will grind sporeggar.
Thanks for the good info above.

"In most raids, we are mostly support class, not the DPS classes. By support I mean healing and cleansing debuffs."
guess i'll reroll dude. so grey will just be a purely solo character. haha
afro

draque

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Smith Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:06 pm

draque wrote:
"In most raids, we are mostly spport class, not the DPS classes. By support I mean healing and cleansing debuffs."
guess i'll reroll dude. so grey will just be a purely solo character. haha
afro

Shh...
Dont tell anyone, but i just posted that to discourage other ppl to roll pallies :p
If they dont roll pallies, then we can split all the pallies loots just between the 2 of us lol!
Keep this secret !!

Kevin Smith
Officers

Back to top Go down

Post  ghogiel Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:26 am

Reckoning (Rank 5)
Instant
Gives you a 10% chance after being hit by any damaging attack that the next 4 weapon swings within 8 sec will generate an additional attack.

Especially for reckoning~ to gain its maximum benefit, it's a good idea to have a weapon w/ speed less or equal to 2.0
8sec/4swings = 2.0

If you have, say: 2.10sec weapon speed. it works out to be: 8/2.1 = 3.80 swings.
Unlike other mechanics, Swings will always be rounded down (floor'd), thus you'll get 3 swings worth of Reckonings with 2.10sec weapon damage.

However, it is not easy to find a 1H weapon w/ weapon speed of less or equal to 2.0 (especially since Pallies can't wield daggers).

ghogiel
Officers

Back to top Go down

Post  draque Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:04 am

Kevin Smith wrote:
Shh...
Dont tell anyone, but i just posted that to discourage other ppl to roll pallies :p
If they dont roll pallies, then we can split all the pallies loots just between the 2 of us lol!
Keep this secret !!

ok all, PALLY Count for this server is full!
please look elsewhere and roll other classes.
thank you for looking in this folder.. move on now.. Arrow

jocolor

draque

Back to top Go down

A (Work In Progress) Pally Guide - For both Ally & Horde Empty Alliance Paladin Charger (Epic Mount Quest) Guide

Post  Kevin Smith Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:23 am

Another co+pas job :p

Altec of Blackrock Server wrote:
So, this stuff has been posted before, but lately, lots of people have been asking about it... I typed this out in another thread, but thought that if I made this one and cleaned it up a bit (and provided every detail I could), it might get sticked or something and people wouldn't have to ask anymore. So, without further ado:

Guide to the Charger Mount
The real quest to get your charger starts off with two quests, simultaneously given to you by the Paladin trainer in Stromwind Cathedral, Lord Grayson Shadowbreaker... However, there is an optional (I believe) step first.

0a) Lord Grayson Shadowbreaker
- If you go to a different NPC first (Duthorian Rall or Brandur Ironhammer), you'll be given a quest to go and see Lord Grayson Shadowbreaker about your charger. As far as I know, this step is optional.

This is where the real quest begins. Quests 1a and 2a are given to you simultaneously by Lord Grayson Shadowbreaker.

1a) Emphasis on Sacrifice
- This sends you to Ironforge to see High Priest Rohan (Mystic Ward) to pay 150g for an "Exorcism Censer".

When you have it, the quest will change to:

1b) To Show Due Judgement
- This is just a filler. Take the Exorcism Censer back to Lord Grayson to end this and move on to quest 1c.

1c) The Exorcism of Terrordale
- This Sends you to Terrordale in the Eastern Plaguelands to kill 25 Terrordale Spirits. Terrordale is the region in the NW corner of the map. The easiest way to get here is to go through the cave on the bank of the river at the very western edge of EPL. When you come out of the cave, keep walking straight and you'll see various regions of green haze. Use the censer at these to summon Terrordale Spirits.

Aside: Have your Argent Dawn Commision equipped and these guys will drop Invader's Scourgestones. These will come in handy later on if you aren't already Friendly or higher with the Argent Dawn.

Be prepared to fight the spirits two or three at a time. You should be able to do it on your own, but it will take you quite a long time. If you bring a friend, you should finish in no time. When you kill 25, head back to Stormwind to see Lord G.S. again. Turn the quest in and you're done with this branch. If you finished branch #2 first, then you can skip to #3.

At the beginning, along with 1a, you're given:
2a) The Work of Grimand Elmore
- You're sent to a Dwarf in the Dwarven quarter of Stormwind, Grimand Elmore. You've probably run quests for him before. If you haven't, he's in a house between the mining trainer and the area with the blacksmith trainer and anvils. He gives you:

2b) Collection of Goods
- Grimand sends you on a mission to collect:
150g
40 Runecloth
10 Arthas Tears
6 Arcanite Bars
5 Stratholme Holy Water
and a Partridge in a Pear Tree (just kidding)

bring all these back, and he'll make you an Arcanite Barding for your mount, and apparantly it's just as good, if not better, than the one that Grayson Shadowbreaker himself uses. This sparks the quest:

2c) Grimand's Finest Work
- This is another filler quest, and should take you no more than two minutes to complete. Here's a complete guide:
Leaving the house that Grimand is in, mount up, and go right, left, right, left, right over the bridge, left right, right, left, right, up the stairs, around the central post, left, and straight up to Grayson Shadowbreaker. Bring him the Barding to get:

2d) Ancient Equine Spirit
- This sends you to Dire Maul to get your barding blessed... but you're told that first you need to stop off in Southshore to get a special kind of Horse Feed. Go to Southshore and find Meredith Carlson. She's in some stables that you should be able to see from where you land at the flight point.

Talk to her and you'll be given the quest:
2e) Manna-Enriched Horse Feed
- From here, you need to go to the Western Plaguelands. If you already have friendly or higher reputation with the Argent Dawn, go to the quartermaster next to the flight point and buy 20 Manna-Enriched Biscuits. If you aren't friendly, kill some Undead for a while, turn in scourgestones, do a couple of strath or scholo runs, etc, and go back to the quartermaster when you have a high enough reputation. The biscuits set you back 2g,40s if you're friendly, or 2g,16s if you're honored.

Return to Southshore with the biscuits and 50g to get the Manna-Enriched Horse Feed.

Now you're back on track for 2d, Ancient Equine Spirit
- Continue on to Dire Maul. The instance you want is Dire Maul West. Go in, and kill Tethendris Warpwood (the massive, massive tree... and one of the first bosses in the instance). This will make the Ancient Equine Spirit appear. Talk to it, and you'll place your barding on it, and the barding will become a Blessed Arcanite Barding.

You'll also get the quest
2f) Blessed Arcanite Barding
- Just another filler, this quest will send you back to Grayson Shadowbreaker with your barding. Turn it in and you're done with this branch.

If you've already completed branch #1, continue on, otherwise, go back and complete that branch. Regardless of the order in which the quests are completed, when both branches are finished, you can receive the next step of the quest from Lord Grayson Shadowbreaker.

3) The Divination Scryer
- This is the final bit that will have you running around. You need an Azerothian Diamond and a Pristine Black Diamond to turn your Exorcism Censor into a Divination Scryer, which starts the event you need to complete to redeem your Charger's spirit. Bring the diamonds back to Lord Grayson to complete the quest.

4) Judgement and Redemption
- This requires a 5-man scholo run. The ideal group, IMO, is 3 paladins, a priest and a mage. Take the group to the Ossuary basement (Rattlegore's room), and clear it. Then rest and buff up as much as you can.

Use the Divination Scryer. It'll physically place it on the floor, and spirits will start to appear. Using a Paladin's judgements on them should stun them and do AoE damage. Specific judgements must be unleashed on specific spirits:

Wave 1: Banality -> Seal of Wisdom (rank 3)
Wave 2: Malicious -> Seal of Justice (rank 1)
Wave 3: Corrupted -> Seal of Righteousness (rank Cool
Wave 4: Shadowed -> Seal of Light (rank 4)

Don't spam the judgements, but rotate them between Paladins. The effects last about 4 seconds, so using 3 Paladins will keep them stunned almost 100% of the time (judgement's untalented cooldown is 15 seconds). In my opinion, this is most easily completed in the Northeast corner of the room. Always be sure to refresh the party as much as possible (potions, heals, buffs, rezzes, etc.)

Refresh Seals immediately after judging to make sure that they're always available.
Remember that in this case, using Exorcism or Holy Wrath is just a waste of mana.
My suggested auras are (assuming 3 Paladins): Shadow Resistance, Devotion and Concentration.

One way or another, kill all four waves of spirits to bring forth the deathknight. The Deathknight isn't too bad, but be prepared for a long fight. Don't blow all your mana early... make sure you have some to finish the job. Using Seal/Judgement of Light and Wisdom will help keep everyone's health and mana up. Avoid using two-handers (you need the Paladins tanking), since it won't speed up the fight all that much. Additionally, consecration and Holy Shock are just big wastes of mana.

Lay on Hands is a pretty good trick here, since at highest rank it will restore some mana too. If you find yourself running out of health and you have no mana left, LoH yourself to refill all your health and about 800 mana. You could also do this to someone else (what a concept, eh? not enough Paladins do) to restore THIER health and mana.

Failing the quest at any point after you've started the event is rough, since, if you wipe, all the doors to the Ossuary basement close and you have to reset the instance, as well as abandon the quest and take it again (i.e. just have to redo this part... not the whole damned thing), which involves a trip to Stormwind. If you can stop a wipe with Divine Intervention, Soulstone, etc. Than you can keep going, but you can't re-enter the Ossuary if you wipe completely.

Victory: When you finally complete the event, you physically get the charger (i.e. complete the quest) by looting the charger's soul from the Deathknight's body. Run over to the Divination Scryer thats on the ground and use (right click) the soul in your inventory. Go over to the ghost horse and complete the quest. You should now have the "Summon Charger" spell under the holy tab in your spellbook. Don't get too excited and forget something. Make sure you've completed everything.

If you don't have the spell (it's a similar icon to Summon Warhorse, but red/yellow instead of Blue), than you haven't completed something in the basement. Make sure you actually redeem the soul/talk to ghost horse, etc, etc, etc.

And there you have it. You now have your wonderful, +100% speed, charger mount. Go ride around Ironforge for a while. You have now completed the Paladin's hardest class-specific quest, and have something pretty nice to show for it.

Congratulations on your new mount.

Btw, Admin, do we Azerothian Diamond and Pristine Black Diamond on vendors yet ?
If not, is it possible to put them in for this pally charger quest please ?
Thanks Very Happy

Kevin Smith
Officers

Back to top Go down

A (Work In Progress) Pally Guide - For both Ally & Horde Empty Belfadin Charger Quest Guide :)

Post  Kevin Smith Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:26 am

This one's for ya, Grey ! santa

Myah wrote:
Right, so we see almost everyday someone post asking what reagents it is and how to do this..

Here's what you will get: https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img259/8...ahpony2lk0.jpg
(the tabard I'm wearing is the Blood Knight Tabard that you get as well with the mount-quest).

Posting the short version first:

* Step 1 *
- 40 Runecloth
- 6 Arcanite Bars
- 10 Sungrass
- 5 Dark Runes
- 150 Gold
* Step 2 *
Kill 15 Scourge Siege Engineers and destroy 3 Scourge Meat Wagons.
* Step 3 *
Get Tyr's Hand Holy Water (from the Chapel).
* Step 4 *
- Azerothian Diamond
- Pristine Black Diamond
- Arcane Catalyst (vendor 50g, 45g with honoured Silvermoon rep)
- Crepuscular Powder (vendor 150g, 135g with honoured Silvermoon)
* Step 5 *
Defeat the paladin + 5 paladin spawns in the Alonsus Chapel in Stratholme / backdoor.

*** The long post ***

* A Summons from Lady Liadrin (Knight-Lord Bloodvalor, Silvermoon City, 89.35)
"Your dedication to our order and advancement through the ranks has not gone unnoticed. In fact, Lady Liadrin, leader of the Blood Knights, has asked to speak with you.

This is a rare honor, [name]. Normally, Lady Liadrin leaves the management of the order's rank-and-file to me, but she has taken a personal interest in you. Do not tarry, [name]."
~ Quest Objectives ~
Speak with Lady Liadrin in Silvermoon City.

* A summons from Lady Liadrin (Lady Liadrin, Silvermon City, 92.36)
"We will discuss the purpose for your visit soon. First, let me say that I am indeed impressed by your service and your skill in wielding the Light."
~ Complete Quest ~

* The Master's Path (Lady Liadrin)
"Within the ranks of my order, there exists an inner circle of elite knights. Members of the circle represent the most dedicated, skilled, and trustworthy of all Blood Knights and are handpicked by the leadership. Most simply know the masters by their thalassian charger mounts.

Each candidate for membership must have a sponsor within the circle and must demonstrate their dedication to the order's central tenets.

I have chosen to sponsor you for standing as a Blood Knight master, if this is your wish."
~ Quest Objectives ~
Speak with Lady Liadrin again to accept her offer on sponsorship.

* The Master's Path (Lady Liadrin)
"That you have chosen to accept my offer speaks well of you, [name]. I wish you luck in the tasks I am about to set for you, but I am certain you'll prove yourself more than capable.

I will present the tasks in order from easiest to most difficult and we may begin when you are prepared."
~ Complete Quest ~

* A Gesture of Commitment (Lady Liadrin)
"A Blood Knight's loyalty does not stop at the end of her blade, [name]. The order asks more of its members than mere drilling and combat. A true knight contributes to all of the order's activities, even the ones that may not seem glorious on the surface.

This first task is neither combat intensive, nor glorious, but without such contributions, the order would fall apart. I will give you a list of items Magister Astalor Bloodsworn's men require to keep us supplied with Light energy for our magics."
~ Quest Objectives ~
Bring 40 Runecloth, 6 Arcanite Bars, 10 Sungrass, 5 Dark Runes, and 150 Gold to Lady Liadrin in Silvermoon City.

* A Gesture of Commitment (Lady Liadrin)
"Excellent. It appears everything is here.

Don't worry, your next task will include plenty of opportunities to wield your weapon again, I promise.

I'll have an initiate bring it all to Magister Astalor. There's no need to send you on such a trivial errand when there are more important things to be done."

* A Demonstration of Loyalty (Lady Liadrin)
"We Blood Knights are bound to defend Quel'Thalas, [name]. This is a central part of your training. Our enemies are fierce and unrelenting. Silvermoon and its people remain free by our efforts and the support of our allies.

I have recieved some disturbing reports of renewed Scourge presence to the southeast of our border with the Eastern Plaguelands. A company of Scourge siege engineers and their equipment appear to be staging for an attack on the Ghostlands. They must not be permitted to succeed."
~ Quest Objectives ~
Lady Liadrin in Silvermoon City wants you to destroy 3 Scourge Meat Wagons and kill 15 Scourge Siege Engineers. (Eastern Plaguelands, 60.22, just east of Northpass Tower. They are level 60 and do drop scourgetoken if you want AD rep. Fly to Ghostlands, ride through the portal to EPL, first mobs on your left).

* A Demonstration of Loyalty (Lady Liadrin)
"You have done well in demonstrating your loyalty to your homeland and dedication to the needs of the order, [name]. I have one last task for you before you may lay claim to the title of master."

* True Masters of the Light (Lady Liadrin)
"A Blood Knight master possesses incredible skill at wielding and weaving the Light in a way that other so-called 'paladins' can never comprehend. It doesn't stop them from despising us for unleashing the Light's true potential.

We must send them a message and show them that we are not to be trifled with. What I have in mind will be neither brief nor easy, but if you are committed, the first step will be to infiltrate the library wing of the Tyr's Hand Abbey and procure a vial of Tyr's Hand holy water."
~ Quest Objectives ~
Lady Liadrin in Silvermoon City wants you to bring her a vial of Tyr's Hand Holy Water. (it's at 83.77 in Tyr's Hand, left side building, a chapel/abbey).

"Hmm... this is a rather small amount, but if we're careful, it should be sufficient. You see, the Scarlet Crusade believes itself dedicated to the Light. I suppose they still are, in a twisted sort of way, and that's exactly what I'm hoping to capitalize on.

Their misguided zeal has even tainted the blessing spoken over this water, making it ideal for my purpose."

"Now that we have the water, we're going to need a number of reagents in precise quantities. Some of these substances are rare and expensive, [name], but I have located sources for two.

You should be able to purchase some arcane catalyst from Zalle, the reagent vendor in one of the shops on the plaza near the Dead Scar. Darlia, the poison merchant near the rogue trainers on Murder Row, stocks crepuscular powder.

To complete my mixture, I'll also need an azerothian diamond and a pristine black diamond."
~ Quest Objectives ~
Lady Liadrin in Silvermoon City wants you to bring her 1 Arcane Catalyst, 1 Crepuscular Powder, 1 Azerothian Diamond, and 1 Pristine Black Diamond.
[Darlia; 80.50, street level east side. Zalle; 54.71, street level, west side Plaza]

"Now that we have all the reagents, I can prepare the mixture.

<A slow smile spreads across Lady Liadrin's face.>

It's all coming together perfectly, [name]. When this is finishied, I'll give you the details about what remains to be done.

"Ours is the true way of utilizing the Light, [name]. To show others that would call themselves 'paladins' the folly of their ways, I intend to send an unmistakeable message.

The Alonsus Chapel, where the Order of the Silver Hand was founded, seems immune to the destruction of Stratholme. The chapel's eternal flame affords it the Light's protection, but when you use this mixture to extinguish the flame, that protection will be no more. It will burn, and our dominion over the Light will be proven to the world."
~ Quest Objectives ~
Use the Extinguishing Mixture near the eternal flame in the Alonsus Chapel to remove the Light's protection. Be prepared to fight anyone who may attempt to defend the chapel.

* True Masters of the Light
"Well done, [name]. All who would oppose us would do well to heed the warning you delivered. Our foes should know that they are in peril, from teh lowest foot soldier to the mightiest hero.

You have earned your place in the ranks of the masters. Your dedication and prowess server as an example for all Blood Knights. As a symbol of your new status, I grant you the ability to summon and command the thalassian charger.
~ Rewards ~
You will learn: Summon Charger
You will also recieve: Blood Knight Tabard

Comments:

- Holy Water from Tyr's Hand?
Solo-able, I had to fight 3 Clerics (healers, elites) so it was quite tough. Died first shot but went back and finished off the other 2 with no sweat. Just ran up to the Chapel doors, killed the 2 elites outside, went left to the room in the back/left and there was the holy water in a bowl on a table.

- The final quest in Stratholme?
I went with a 60 priest friend and a 70 hunter. We totally trashed them, there was no healing needed and they dropped like flies. A shame really, not nearly as tough as the alliance version (which I have done as well, but as priest, a couple of times). Just bring 1 healer to make sure, or expect to heal yourself, and 2 good dps and it's np.

- Will you get ridingskill 150 by completing the quest?
That is part of the reason I put it in the title, so it would be obvious that it is the epic mount as well as the 150 riding skill. But yes, you will.

- So would be doing this quest be cheaper then buying riding skill + a mount or buying all the materials + gold funds be cheaper?
Totally depends on your servers. Neither of the materials is really rare or expensive and used in tBC, this is outdated nowadays. Assuming it'll be harder to find certain mats on new servers, or to find groups for Scholo for the 5 dark runes, but with a bunch of friends this should be easy - as well as the sungrass (plenty all over Azeroth and it has low use/value), and somewhat arcane crystals.
Imho it's definately worth it. The questline is really easy and the mats are cheap, nowadays. Remember the 3-400g Pristine Black Diamonds, anyone?

Kevin Smith
Officers

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down