BlackCat WoW PS Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gossip: AMPM closing down

3 posters

Go down

Gossip: AMPM closing down Empty Gossip: AMPM closing down

Post  Admin Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:12 am

Hi guys,

I've just heard rumours that AMPM, one of the biggest private WoW server in Indonesia has closed down. I don't know what's the reason and I don't intend to speculate..

What this means is that we might get an influx of char from there to our server. I've already got message in Kaskus wanting to join our server.

Because of the options we're going to have for migrating to WOTLK, I have decided not to take any new players until we have migrated to WOTLK. This is to be fair to the older players and as always we require new players to prove themselves by starting from zero.

I'll be taking new players starting mid august...

Feedbacks and opinions are always welcomed...

Admin
Admin

https://blackcat.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Gossip: AMPM closing down Empty Re: Gossip: AMPM closing down

Post  tankting Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:47 pm

Agree, haha.but we have to consider if we have to much people, can we do raid without lag? hahaha

tankting

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:09 pm

tankting wrote:Agree, haha.but we have to consider if we have to much people, can we do raid without lag? hahaha

The good thing about having lots of people is that we can do raid more often. We can have groups that matching your RL schedule.

I think based on observation, our limit is really 15-17 in 1 raid.. Anything more than my upload bandwith simply can't cope and then we start to see lag. If without raid, I'm sure the bandwith can take more...

Last time at SSC I had a upload spike and bandwith usage jumped to 1300ish which is theoritically impossible since I only have 1024kbps for upload.

Previously with ADSL1 I can only have 384kbps upload.. no wonder we couldn't do raids. I heard I heard that one ISP can give 2048kbps in upload (twice as much) but I'm not keen to move my ADSL again and I think it only applies to special ADSL exchange..

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  gozila Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:08 pm

hi boss Very Happy

ermmm.... just out of curiosity, for example, say 17 man is on raid, and the other 10 ppl are doing 2 5 man instances, then total player online will be 27 right, so, isn't that way over your server's capacity?

gozila

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:44 am

gozila wrote:hi boss Very Happy

ermmm.... just out of curiosity, for example, say 17 man is on raid, and the other 10 ppl are doing 2 5 man instances, then total player online will be 27 right, so, isn't that way over your server's capacity?

Yes, that would be right. I would imagine in this example, the whole server would experience a bit lag but still playable. Server churn out data more when raiding because so much data occurs in at the same time..

Bli***rd also experience the same problem as us, which is why apparently when their server is under heavy load, they would limit the number of instances.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down