BlackCat WoW PS Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New linux box

4 posters

Go down

New linux box Empty New linux box

Post  Admin Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:03 pm

I've recently moved our mangos core into a Linux box. In theory it's suppose to be faster especially since the new core incorporates ACE module.
Please post your comments or feedbacks of the new box here..

Thanks Smile

Admin
Admin

https://blackcat.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

New linux box Empty Re: New linux box

Post  psychicboy Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:31 pm

Its a little bit better than last time. I hope there's gonna be a huge improvement on Kara.

psychicboy

Back to top Go down

Post  HenryK Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:02 pm

OK..find something weird...before, my mana regen is 250+, now become 83....sielas mana regen become 4 Shocked

The heroic is kinda weird..some of the mobs becomes high-level and few bosses attained their original level+5 (retail version like this, aint it)..which now make farming BoJ is harder....that is what happened...but latency wise..not lagging....

that is all...

HenryK
Officers

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:54 pm

HenryK wrote:OK..find something weird...before, my mana regen is 250+, now become 83....sielas mana regen become 4 Shocked

The heroic is kinda weird..some of the mobs becomes high-level and few bosses attained their original level+5 (retail version like this, aint it)..which now make farming BoJ is harder....that is what happened...but latency wise..not lagging....

that is all...

I'll fix the mana regen over the weekend. This is because the core code by default doesn't support levels beyond 70 so I have to change several lines and recompile.... Compiling code in Linux is a bitch >_<

Thanks for the feedback guys, I'm focused more on performance like latency, etc during instance/raid run but if you have other feedbacks, complain, put it in another thread..

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  reeborn Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:11 pm

Admin wrote:
HenryK wrote:OK..find something weird...before, my mana regen is 250+, now become 83....sielas mana regen become 4 Shocked

that is all...

I'll fix the mana regen over the weekend. This is because the core code by default doesn't support levels beyond 70 so I have to change several lines and recompile.... Compiling code in Linux is a bitch >_<

Thanks for the feedback guys, I'm focused more on performance like latency, etc during instance/raid run but if you have other feedbacks, complain, put it in another thread..

my mana regen is 3...also global cooldown is 2 seconds instead of 1.5
player level 8 is also experiencing slow mana regen

reeborn
Officers

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:43 pm

Your mana regen problem has nothing to do with the box. I have changed couple of code and now I'm compiling a new core, hopefully won't be long..

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum