BlackCat WoW PS Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Setting up another realm

4 posters

Go down

Setting up another realm Empty Setting up another realm

Post  Admin Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:37 am

Hi guys,

This is just an idea so don't jump into any conclusion, ok? Recently my friends pointed me to a affordable VPS hosting (http://ecvps.com/node/2). The plan that is suitable for our size only cost USD$35..

So I was thinking if someone want to sponsor another realm for BlackCat. Here's what I have in mind,
- Someone sponsor the hosting, that means the person owns the VPS, payment, etc is payable by that person
- I manage the installation, maintenance, etc
- The realm would be part of BlackCat's/minako servers (My servers)
- The sponsor gets naming rights for the realm
- The sponsor have the right to discuss with me what the 2nd realm is going to be (Blizzlike rate, PvP, etc) and he gets 50% of the vote. HOWEVER, the final say is still with me. I get to make the final decision.
- The 2nd realm must not be in conflict with the current realm. That means the 2nd realm must not attract more player than the current realm, this might be difficult but it can be discussed.

Let me know what you think..

Cheers..

Admin
Admin

https://blackcat.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Setting up another realm Empty Re: Setting up another realm

Post  Xtradi Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:47 am

sorry but why exactly do we need another realm?

Xtradi

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:05 am

I don't know, for fun maybe? Razz heheheh... I suppose if we host the 2nd one outside, we have more bandwith. If we have more bandwith that means we start advertising for that one to public, and then maybe the some of them will try the original server..

If you guys think this is a stupid idea, don't be afraid to say so Smile

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Xtradi Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:17 pm

well seeing that we actually still in 15 or so people online at raiding, making second realm seems to me like a bad idea. Because it will further divert attention.

Of course if this second realm would be "just for fun" or something like and not specifically for raiding than that's okay. But it's still not solve our standing bandwidth problem.

I suggest your current server will be the one up for second realm (because lower people will play), while the main server will be moved to the one who is payed by the sponsor.

my 2 cents.

Xtradi

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:43 pm

Usually people who pays wants some kind of influence on how the server is run which is one of the main reason why I don't accept donation on the current server. Once I start accepting donation, people will start use the phrase, "I paid for this server, so I'm allowed to <fill in the blanks>"

I can't see myself paying USD$35 a month for something which I don't gain benefit from..

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Badai Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:26 am

Won't having a 2nd realm make you live in front of your PC, Felix?

Badai

Back to top Go down

Post  neyzlimit Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:59 pm

@mut2
sorry boss gwa bales pake bahasa indonesia, gwa ngerti yang kalian tulis tapi gwa ngga bisa ngebales pake bahasa inggris Embarassed

nahh klo yang gwa tangkep dari tawaran temen loe, mungkin realm yang satu lagi itu mau dibuat jadi realm yang terbuka untuk umum, dan mungkin aja kedepannya bisa dijadikan realm yang menerima donasi (model2 magic-wow, wowscape, dll).

nahh mnurut gwa itu satu tawaran yang bagus sih... ok gwa ngeliatnya kearah gini..

1. Bandwith lebih gede... <-- ngga usah dibahas lagi, hehehe
2. Sarana seleksi bwat masuk ke main realm (realm yang selama ini kita maenin). Inget.. kita kan niatnya mau beresin blizzard content, dan kita butuh orang2 lain yang bagus juga kan ? (bagus dalam arti bukan hanya dari skill, tapi dari attitude - mudah beradaptasi - dll) nahh jadikanlah realm yang kedua itu untuk sarana seleksi player
3. Sarana seleksi bug, seperti yang kita tau yang namanya emulator itu ngga sempurna (server blizzard sendiri aja masih ada bug Very Happy ), nah.. dengan dibukanya realm kedua buat public, jadi lebih gampang mengetahui bug2 apa yang ada di server, dan lebih gampang untuk ngasih tau ke developer emulator... intinya bug smakin dikit = server semain mendekati milik blizzard
4. Beban mut2 ngga terlalu berat, gwa bukannya mo ngejilat atau apapun.. tapi gwa tau yang namanya ngurus server itu mahal, apalagi server game ^^ , ( untuk gwa pribadi, gwa mohon maaf masih blom bisa membantu lebih untuk server ini, selain ikut andil bermain di dalamnya dengan mengikuti aturan yang berlaku Very Happy ). Nahh klo misalnya tawaran ini diambil dan berjalan lancar.. beban mut2 berkurang toh ?

sekian yang ada di pikiran gwa... bukan tawaran yang buruk kok klo mnurut gwa, terkadang mencoba membuka diri bukanlah hal yang buruk Smile

cheers

neyzlimit

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down