BlackCat WoW PS Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WOTLK upgrade plan

+28
Kazeno
lollo
Peter
tunggadewi
lwyn
gozila
indanimefan
shades
Garda
Xtradi
cHantiQue
jhosua
niteangelz
wizkl
reeborn
Rachnad
aizster
sil
neptuna/lyne
neyzlimit
Xian
weisserfall
HenryK
CicakTerbang
drax
AXE
tankting
Admin
32 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

WOTLK upgrade plan Empty WOTLK upgrade plan

Post  Admin Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:27 pm

Hi guys,
In case you don't know, I've been testing WOTLK core for the last couple of weeks and it looks quite good. Haven't found a nasty bug so far.

However, I didn't try converting my old char to the new one, I start from level 1 again. By the looks of things the conversion look promising because at 3.0.9 the talent tree is more less the same ast TBC 2.4.3. In 3.1.0, however the talent tree is changed with the introduction of dual talent spec..

This is where it gets difficult, there's a reason why devs currently stay with 3.0.9 and it takes longer to move to 3.1.0. This is because a lot of things changed. What this means is the character conversion may not be so straight forward anymore.

What it comes down to is this, if we wait too long to finish the TBC content, WOTLK core will eventually move to 3.1.x or above. When that happens I think it would be very difficult to convert all your char's stuff to the new core. Starting new core with corrupted data can lead to many problems.

So, this is what is going to happen.. If we wait too long until 3.1.x core comes up, I will not be able to convert your char and everyone will start fresh with the new WOTLK core. I'm thinking of manually level up your char, etc so you will not start from total zero again but there's a limit to what I can do.. I'm won't have time to manually copy all of your items across..

I'm planning to move to upgrade to WOTLK regardless of server progression. This will occur 1 month (max 2 months) after devs release the 3.1.x core. This way we should have a rather stable core. If we managed to clear content before then, I'll upgrade sooner. If core has not move to 3.1.x, I'll try to do char migration. If the core has move to 3.1.x or higher, there will be no char conversion.

I'll post more details about the migration plan when the date is near.

If you want to discuss anything to do with WOTLK upgrade, simply reply to this thread.. Remember, don't wait for too long...

Cheers..

Admin
Admin

https://blackcat.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

WOTLK upgrade plan Empty Re: WOTLK upgrade plan

Post  Admin Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:12 am

Trinity devs have recently release core for 3.1.3! Smile Much quicker than my estimation..

With this announcement, I have scheduled for Minako server to be upgraded to WOTLK on 1st of August 2009.

Of course subject to stability testing.

The clock is ticking guys Smile

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  tankting Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:01 pm

How about the profesion ? =p can you transfer it as well ??? hahha

tankting

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:10 am

This is what's going to happen guys. Because we waited too long, complete char upgrade will be very difficult. Because I have to transfer your data from 2.4.3 -> 3.0.9 and then 3.0.9 to 3.1.x. That's too many transition so char corruption is bound to happen if I do a complete migration.

I've been thinking about what to do and have come up with 3 options, I'll put it in separate posts so I can have all the space that I want Smile

Oh btw, when we move to WOTLK, XP will be downgraded to 2.5x and will stay that way for a while. The rest of rates will stay..

Last edited by Admin on Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:58 am; edited 1 time in total

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:25 am

----------------------------
OPTION A)
The details are as follow,
- Create your char and start from Level 1
- I will give money so you can buy the best gear from AH and speed up your leveling. I will give you 50k on level 1, another 50k when you're level 30, another 50k when you're 60 and another 50k when you're 70. A total of 200k.
- If the char is your main char, I will give the money from your main char to the new one. That means 200k on top of whatever your previous main char has in gold.
- If you need more gold, come and see me in person but you have to be able to justify why you need more. In my calculation that's plenty of gold.
- The gold offer will apply to MATCH your char level. That means, you can't create level 1 alt then expect 50K until level 70 and also epic flying mount. In this example, I will give 50k in gold to you level 1 char and that's it. If your char is level 45. I will give 50k when level 1, then again on level 30, and then stop. If your alt is level 69 then I guess you better level it to 70 quick Razz heheheh...
- I will manually increase your profession to match your previous char. Profession skill limit is limited by level so until level 40 (I think) I'll set your skill to 225 and then to 300 when you reach level 40 and then the rest when you reach level 61. This only applies to profession that you had earlier in your previous char, so doesn't apply to inscription profession or anything that you just recently take. So in your interest to take the same profession as your old char.
- I will give you 36s bags for your char and your alts. Bags for bank slots are included in the offer.
- I will give you 1 land epic mount on 60 and 1 epic flying mount from TBC (yes, including Al'ar if you want) when you reach 70. I will give you the money to buy the skill.
- The land epic mount and flying mount offer DOES NOT APPLY if you char is below 60 (for land epic mount) or 70 (for flying epic mount) or if you char doesn't have epic land mount/epic flying mount in his/her bag/bank. The idea is compensate the work you have done not what you have not done.
- This will apply to all of your alts created prior to migration.
- Remember that I cannot migrate reputation and weapon skill. So by choosing this option you will have good reps, weapon skill and defense by the time you reach 70.
- Player who choose this option will be upgraded first as this is the quickest and easiest option
- This is the default option when upgrade happen. That means if you don't choose anything when the server migrate, you will be upgraded using this option.

Last edited by Admin on Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:57 am; edited 12 times in total

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:34 am

OPTION B)
- Create your char first and then I'll level you up to whatever level your char was up to
- I will give the money from your main char to the new one plus 50k to buy skills from class and profession trainers.
- I will give whatever armor and weapon that you have equipped on your old char to the new char.
- I cannot restore socketed gems and enchants. So I will give your armor and weapon as is.
- I will give 15 items from your bags and bank to the new one. Choose carefully. My recommendation is to sell the rest that you don't need as gold is more transferable.
- I will give 10 rare profession recipes from your old char to the new one. Again, choose carefully.
- I will manually increase your profession to match your previous char. This only applies to profession that you had earlier in your previous char, so doesn't apply to inscription profession or anything that you just recently take. So in your interest to take the same profession as your old char
- I will give you 4x 36s bags for your main char.
- I will give you 1 land epic mount if your char/alt is 60 or above. No money to buy the skill.
- Remember that I cannot migrate reputation and weapon skill. So you will get whatever rep & skill that comes with new char and 1 weapon skill.

Last edited by Admin on Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:50 am; edited 5 times in total

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:40 am

OPTION C)
- Create your char first and then I'll level you up to whatever level your char was up to
- I will give the money from your main char to the new one plus 50k to buy skills from class and profession trainers.
- I will give whatever armor and weapon that you have equipped on your old char to the new char.
- I cannot restore socketed gems and enchants. So I will give your armor and weapon as is.
- I will try to move most items from your bags and bank to the new one. Choose carefully because this method is very painful to me. On some occasion I might ask you to justify why you want to have the item transferred to the new char. My recommendation is to sell the rest that you don't need as gold is more transferable.
- I will try to move most rare profession recipes from your old char to the new one. Again, choose carefully please.
- I will manually increase your profession to match your previous char. This only applies to profession that you had earlier in your previous char, so doesn't apply to inscription profession or anything that you just recently take. So in your interest to take the same profession as your old char.
- I will give you 4x 36s bags for your main char.
- I will give you 1 land epic mount if your char/alt is 60 or above. No money to buy the skill.
- Remember that I cannot migrate reputation and weapon skill. So you will get whatever rep & skill that comes with new char and 1 weapon skill.
- This option is for people who have lots of stuff and need most of them transferred to the new char.
- Since this option takes the most of my time, you will need to be patient.

Last edited by Admin on Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:49 am; edited 8 times in total

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:53 am

Ok, with those options above in mind, here's some more details about the migration

- If there are more than 1 player online and waiting to be upgraded, player who choose OPTION A will be processed FIRST, AFTER ALL of the players who choose OPTION A has been processed then I will process player who choose OPTION B.

- Players who choose option C will upgraded LAST/AFTER other have been processed, or we can do it in stages. You have to be patient if you choose OPTION C.

- Once you choose which option you want to take, YOU CANNOT CHANGE! So choose CAREFULLY!. You have 1.5 months to think about it.

- Main char will be processed first. I will only process alts after ALL player's main chars have been processed.

- All options are subject to change so you're free to suggest something. If you're going to suggest something, please think of me as well, as I will need to manually do them, by hand, one by one.. and I have limited online time as you all know.

- Player who have not been online for quite some time will not be part of the initial upgrade. When they turn up, they will be put in OPTION A. Any player who has not turn up for more than 6 months when upgrade happens will not be upgraded to OPTION A, they will have to start from scratch.

- Old TBC server and its database will exist couple of weeks after we go live with WOTLK and then the database will be archived. Don't ask me to check anything against the old server after it's been archived, I will only do that on very special circumstances.

- Raid will happen NORMALLY/AS USUAL as per schedule, no slacking off!

- I would recommend any spare time you have to be used farming gold as it is the most transferable item when we migrate.

- 2-3 weeks before the upgrade I will unlock all instances so you can farm gold or gear if you want to take them to WOTLK.

- Post in this thread which option you want to take, the name of your account and your main char's name so I can keep track of what you have requested. I will not take verbal nomination because with so many char in the server, I will forget. I need it in writing, post it here.

Last edited by Admin on Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:08 am; edited 8 times in total

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:56 am

Account: GM/Admin

Char name: Mutmut/Mageputih

I nominate OPTION A.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  tankting Sun Jun 14, 2009 5:01 am

Main Tankting (warrior), alt Pinkyting

Main Aritosceres (warrrior), alt Lyne, Neptuna

Main Hodetothemax (shaman), Alt anotherhode, Frodoo

All choose option A. THE MONEY!!! =p

tankting

Back to top Go down

Post  AXE Sun Jun 14, 2009 5:43 am

Account: Atse

Char: Kallen (warrior)

Option A

Last edited by HenryK on Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:16 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Lupa kasih account name XD)

AXE

http://proudlyhikki.net/

Back to top Go down

WOTLK upgrade plan Empty DK

Post  drax Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:47 am

mut ini drax, kalo aku misal mau pilih option A sebagai DK main charnya bisa ga? drax, alys, hyperion, depore jadi alts.

drax

Back to top Go down

Post  drax Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:53 am

ini jambronx (priest) main char
whopper( hunter) , Ashley (druid) alt

aku mau main priest lagi tapi female ^_^ nama charnya Jean

btw, aku pilih option A

thx

drax

Back to top Go down

Post  CicakTerbang Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:58 am

kyk nya lebih enak option A de Very Happy
oke... gue milih option A Very Happy

btw, kapan di upgrade nya nie?

CicakTerbang

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:34 am

Kevin Smith wrote:[Nanya]
Note :
Pls delete this post after answering, spy ga nyampahin thread :p

If we are going to reset anyways, what's the point of going to raids before upgrading to WoTLK ?
[/nanya]

Khan OPTION B ama OPTION C kamu bisa bawa barang kamu ke WOTLK Smile lagipula sekarang juga progresnya gak secepat yg kita duga jadi yah why wait? Lagipula kita bisa go back ke TBC buat coba lagi instance2 yg terlewat.. Jadi kalo misalnya WOTLK instance ama map belon terisi ato buggy, kita masih bisa balik ke instance2 di TBC lagi.

Lagipula kev, trinity developer 80% ada di WOTLK semua, TBC support mulai menipis jadi kalo aku post bug report dah gak bakalan dibenerin lagi.. jadi percuma nunggu terlalu lama... ini WOTLK core bisa ada 20 revision sehari, mereka cepet banget fix bug2nya.

Last edited by Admin on Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:33 pm; edited 3 times in total

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:37 am

drax wrote:mut ini drax, kalo aku misal mau pilih option A sebagai DK main charnya bisa ga? drax, alys, hyperion, depore jadi alts.

No DK, soalnya DK baru available pas kamu level 55.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:38 am

CicakTerbang wrote:kyk nya lebih enak option A de Very Happy
oke... gue milih option A Very Happy

btw, kapan di upgrade nya nie?

1 Agustus 2009. Udah aku post diatas2...

Btw, 2 minggu sebelon WOTLK upgrade, semua instance bakalan di unlock

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  AXE Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:00 pm

eh.... intinya kalo yang mili paket A dapet paket A, yang mili C dapet C? ato berdasarkan suara terbanyak?

btw kl gw mili paket A.... tetep aja intinya buat baru dr awal kan? soalnya gw mw ganti race ;D

AXE

http://proudlyhikki.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:20 pm

AXE wrote:eh.... intinya kalo yang mili paket A dapet paket A, yang mili C dapet C? ato berdasarkan suara terbanyak?

btw kl gw mili paket A.... tetep aja intinya buat baru dr awal kan? soalnya gw mw ganti race ;D

Nope, ini pilihan individual, karena gak semua orang suka ngelevel dari awal. Aku sih malah enjoy leveling Razz hehehehe.. Jadi sekali lagi, ini pilihan masing2...

Kalo player pengen OPTION C juga boleh, tapi yah harus sabar pas aku pindahin barang2nya soalnya khan banyak banget trus aku gak janji bisa masukin semua dalam waktu cepat...

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  drax Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:35 pm

mut, napa ga bole pake DK? kalo aku misal pake drax dolo lvl up nya untuk unlock DK, trus aku maen DK sebagai main char ga bole? kalo bisa kasi alesan juga y mut.

thx.

drax

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:39 pm

drax wrote:mut, napa ga bole pake DK? kalo aku misal pake drax dolo lvl up nya untuk unlock DK, trus aku maen DK sebagai main char ga bole? kalo bisa kasi alesan juga y mut.

thx.
Eh, kamu ambil OPTION A yah? Sebenernya kalo kamu ambil OPTION A gak masalah seh, gak ada bedanya DK mo dipake sebagai main char ato alts. Cuma yah DK kamu gak dapet apa2, khan DK gak ada di server lama. Di retail juga khan DK main dari nol lagi...

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  drax Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:46 pm

Aku ambil option A. btw tu option A bag besar itu buat semua char ta? bis itu semua charku skr nti profesi nya lgs dinaikin ama km kan otw lvl up seperti tertera di list option A ato cuma 1 char? aku juga mau tny kalo epic mount nya tak kasi buat DK gpp to?

drax

Back to top Go down

Post  HenryK Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:51 pm

Account = HenryK

Character = Shelfaniel (Alt jg banyak, tp nda usah pusing, mau gua rubah semua)..Money yg penting..gw bokek trus..haha

Option A...boleh rubah nama? pas ganti wotlk?

HenryK
Officers

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:52 pm

drax wrote:Aku ambil option A. btw tu option A bag besar itu buat semua char ta? bis itu semua charku skr nti profesi nya lgs dinaikin ama km kan otw lvl up seperti tertera di list option A ato cuma 1 char? aku juga mau tny kalo epic mount nya tak kasi buat DK gpp to?

Bag besar itu buat semua char kamu di server lama, seperti yang aku dah post diatas. Di server lama gak ada DK khan? Jadi it doesn't apply to DKs..

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:53 pm

HenryK wrote:Account = HenryK

Character = Shelfaniel (Alt jg banyak, tp nda usah pusing, mau gua rubah semua)..Money yg penting..gw bokek trus..haha

Option A...boleh rubah nama? pas ganti wotlk?

Rubah nama gak masalah tapi account name harus tetap biar aku gak pusink...

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next