BlackCat WoW PS Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2.4 patch upgrade

+2
draque
Admin
6 posters

Go down

2.4 patch upgrade Empty 2.4 patch upgrade

Post  Admin Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:34 am

There's a possibility we might be upgrading to patch 2.4 this coming weekend. Please keep tune to this post, I'll let you all know when the upgrade is happening..

Cheers Smile

Admin
Admin

https://blackcat.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

2.4 patch upgrade Empty Re: 2.4 patch upgrade

Post  draque Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:19 pm

woot! i hope that fixes the netherwing quest.
in order to farm the netherwing to friendly, there is only 1 path via the initial quest.
and the quest is bugged. anyway to fix that? make us friendly at start? following friendly is another list of chain quest..

draque

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Smith Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:05 am

Uhmm..hold the upgrade for a bit pls.

There are still tons of bugs even in retail servers :
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=5687410436&sid=1
(Thanks Xian for the link /wink)

Blizzard wrote:
2.4 Known issues list.

This is a list of known issues in the 2.4 client lol. This is not an exhaustive list of all known bugs, but a list of issues that we are understand can replicate and are will be fixing in a future patch.

General
Spells that create a buff that chains damage to a secondary target can chain to a critter
Players are able to have pets out while mounted by logging out.
Zoning after a pet has died or has been dismissed can cause an "Internal Pet Error".
Abilities and spells that chain to secondary targets do not calculate combat reach for each potential unique target.
Swimming while in Wisp Form produces an odd animation.
Male Blood Elves do not place both hands on polearm-type weapons when swinging them.
The /clap emote is not emitting sound if performed more than once.

Druid
Mangle's talent link tooltip indicates a 100 yard range.
Mutilate is being written to the combat log multiple times when used.

Hunter
Initial trigger or activation sounds for Immolation Trap (rank 6) and Explosive Trap (rank 4) cannot be heard by Classic WoW players.
Swapping your current pet for a stabled pet while mounting will cause you to receive an error ("You do not have a pet to summon") when you use Call Pet.

Mage
Molten Armor will not deal damage to an attacker if the mage is protected by a damage absorbtion shield.
Noxious Breath will cause Arcane Missiles to only deal damage during the first volley.
Seal of Wrath applies to non damaging attacks causing it to break Polymorph.

Paladin
Crusader Strike is adversely affected by Seal of the Crusader.
The Bladestorm effect from the Ravager item proc has its channeling broken by refreshing paladin judgments.
The Paladin talent Precision displays Daggers and Staves as a weapon class in the link tooltip.
There is a discrepancy in the combat log when casting Paladin healing spells.

Priest
The Priest Talent Power Infusion consumes an inconsistent amount of mana when cast on yourself.
Touch of Weakness doesn't reduce the melee damage of attacker.

Rogue
Cloak of Shadows do not remove the curse Shrink.

Shaman
Frostbrand (rank 5) and Frostbrand (rank 6) do the same damage at level 66.

Warrior
Whirlwind has a new sound.

NPCs
Disorient effects are being inconsistently applied to Black Blood of Draenor mobs.
Pig pets are not making footprints.
Kalecgos' Human form is incorrectly casting his Revitalize spell on targets without mana.
Zul'jin will occasionally land a melee swing on the victim of his Claw Rage or Lynx Rush target.
Internal messages will occasionally be displayed in the Vazruden the Herald encounter of Hellfire Ramparts.
Shared Bonds cast by Sister of Pain is applied inconsistently and is not able to be dispelled.
Sunblade Imps in Magisters' Terrace are sometimes not resetting properly.
High Astromancer Solarian no longer calls for help from the trash in her room when engaged.
Nightbane's Charred Earth ability is dealing physical damage.
Internal messages are displayed in the combat log when Sinister Reflections spawn during the Kil'jaeden encounter.
The tooltip from Mennu The Betrayer's Tainted Stoneskin Totem is incorrect.
Internal messages are displayed in the combat log after Gruul the Dragonkiller casts Ground Slam.
Hunter's Mark does not appear above Shield Orbs .
It is possible for pets to get stuck in place after exiting the Spectral Realm in the Kalecgos encounter.
Shield Orbs are missing portraits.
The death emote voice-over for Kael'thas Sunstrider in the Magister's Terrace continues after he has already died.
Felblood Initiates will occasionally change sex if reset after being transformed into an Emaciated Felblood.
Wretched mobs in the Magisters' Terrace are not resetting properly near Selin Fireheart's room.
The Sunfury Nethermancer's channeling animation doesn't stop when they're melee attacking.
The selection circle for the Spider critter is huge.
Mage Blink cannot be cast while stunned by the Sunblade Mage Guard Glaive Throw ability.

UI
If you are saved to 10+ instances, the Raid Infos are overlapping at the second row.
Paladin healing spells used in castsequence macro's are not completing the cast sequence when a rank is not specified.
The hunter's spell Dismiss Pet "fades" from player 1 minute after dismissing pet.
If Scrolling Combat Text is activated and Auras is selected, some spells that do not give auras will show up in green in the scrolling combat text.
Casting some spells with Auras selected for Scrolling Combat text, will show the notification twice.
Casting Mass Dispel when Auras on Scrolling Combat Text is enabled will show <Mass Dispel> multiple times depending on how many targets are affected.
When updating to 2.4.0 Interface Options are not all updated correctly.
Calling a filter where "Unknown" checkboxes are the only options enabled under Message Sources generates a Lua error.
Debuff sizes are not scaling properly in size based on who cast the debuff.
The Okay and Cancel buttons in the General Log window do not have sound.
The guild log scroll bar does not always properly display what it's supposed to.
The school of magic in the combat log concerning buffs that "reflect" damage onto the attacker is repeated.
Changes to some Interface Options are not undone when clicking Cancel.
Toggling <Party Members' Pets> in the Party & Raid, Interface Option already in a party does not change the state of the party UI.
The Combat Log displays all events after logging in until a filter is selected.
There's a typo in exhausted damage message.
Find Minerals and Find Treasure are not showing when activated or fading in floating combat text.
Instant and channeled abilities that do not have a target are generating a past tense line in the combat log.
Some of Interface dropdown changes are not discarded when canceled.
Pet skill damage appears on the screen while Pet damage option is disabled.
The World PvP Objectives display is not updating changes made in the interface menu until you relog.
The visual for the checkbox for the Camera interface options are not saving on logout.
Unchecking default checked settings in the General and Combat Log Config menus will not save properly after logging out.
The name of Temporary Weapon Enchant buffs do not show up in the combat log when they are dismissed.

Quests
There is a typo in Harbinger Inuuro's gossip text after the Sun's Reach Armory is captured.
There are typos in the quest "Maintaining the Sunwell Portal".
Abilities/trinkets that trigger after killing an opponent that gives experience or honor are being activated after killing mobs during bombing quests.
Completing the quest "Arcane Refreshment" does not teach the spell Conjure Water.
Completing the quest "The Journey Has Just Begun" does not teach players how to make an Onyxia Scale Cloak.

Items
Several procs from items are breaking crowd control effects such as Scatter Shot.
Using a Papa Hummel's Old-Fashioned Pet Biscuit does not initiate a global item cooldown.
Vengeful Gladiator's Rifle (34530) is using a inconsistent sound.
The Nexus Key staff is giving an inconsistant amount of bonus healing.
The name "Swift War Elekk" is shown in the casting bar when summoning the Black War Elekk.
Bow strings are not being lit in 2.4.0.
The Arcane Strike proc from Shattered Sun Pendant of Might is breaking crowd control effects such as Scatter Shot.
It is possible to dodge, block, and parry the proc Arcane Strike from the Shattered Sun Pendant of Might
The Brutal Gladiator's Rifle is emitting a Bow sound effect upon use, despite the item being a Gun.
Certain socket bonus modifiers do not display the healing that they provide.
Draenei female horns will not protrude correctly through certain helms.
The tooltip for Skyshatter Helmet's gem socket bonus (+9 healing) does not include the additional spell damage.
Arcane Charges used in the quests "The Air Strikes Must Continue" and "Distraction at the Dead Scar" deals fire damage despite the name "Arcane".
Shifting Naaru Sliver summons a Power Circle for a duration inconsistent with its tooltip.
The tooltip for the 4 piece bonus of the Dragonhide Battlegear states that the movement speed increase affects travel form even though it does not.
The pushback resistance part of the Battlecast Garb set bonus does not seem to be functioning.
The reduced cooldown of Shaman Nature's Swiftness provided by the 4 piece set bonus from the "Seer's Ringmail Battlegear" PvP armor is not applying.
The Cloak of Swift Mending , dropped from Selin Fireheart in the Magister's Terrace on normal difficulty, does not have a level requirement.
Brann Bronzebeard's Lost Letter is displaying a damage range in its tooltip even though this item is not a weapon.
The set bonus for the Crusader's Ornamented Battle Gear and Crusader's Scaled Battle Gear have a typo in their tooltip.

Environment
In Silithus, there is a Tornado that needs sounds.
In Heroic Magister's Terrace, the door in Selin Fireheart's room will respawn with no boss to kill to open it, leaving players unable to proceed.
Attempting to enter the Caverns of Time: Hyjal Summit raid instance without being in a raid group, without the expansion installed, or below level 65 will return the the old Hyjal error message stating that a play must have "...friendly or better reputati
Battlegrounds
The Berserking power-up found in Battlegrounds makes no sound when acquired.

PC
There is a slight popping noise that occurs when running while using the Creative X-FI sound card.

Mac
On Macs with nVidia 8800 cards, when a full-screen effect is active, the top row of pixels is black or garbage.

Kevin Smith
Officers

https://s20.photobucket.com/albums/b202/Valaluveang/Posters/

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:43 am

Well, apparently the patch 2.4 was an april's fool joke.. *sigh* don't think we'll have 2.4 this weekend plus with the bug reports... probably wise to hold it for a while.. I was keen to have a look at Sunwell area..

Oh well...

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Apr 18, 2008 2:06 am

Good news everyone,
Patch 2.4.1 for Core engine has been released, so we're going to have 2.4.1 compatible server soon, if not this weekend *fingers crossed* but we probably won't see 2.4.1 content for another week or two due to Content/DB team trying to do some finishing touches to 2.4.1 content.

I will announce it here and the server log when I move to 2.4.1 so check the server update log often, you can start downloading 2.4.1 patch if you want Smile

EDIT: Well.. apparently it might take a bit longer for 2.4.1 to happen because of the major change on the DB side. This means we cannot move to 2.4.1 until DB is ready.. >_<

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat May 03, 2008 5:36 am

2.4.1 patch completed, please report any bugs

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  k3npachi Sat May 03, 2008 1:52 pm

when i leveled up from 65 - 66 it doesn't give 2 talent like it should be, i only got 1 talent like the way the retail.
besides that i found that the exp gained from quest done also reduce to normal, am i right the exp gained from quest is normal now?
but anyway keep up the good work GM cheers cheers cheers

k3npachi

Back to top Go down

Post  Xian Sat May 03, 2008 2:03 pm

k3npachi wrote:when i leveled up from 65 - 66 it doesn't give 2 talent like it should be, i only got 1 talent like the way the retail.
besides that i found that the exp gained from quest done also reduce to normal, am i right the exp gained from quest is normal now?

i got 2-3 talent pts like usual o.O
Xian
Xian
Officers

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Smith Sat May 03, 2008 5:42 pm

Xian wrote:

What about the mp5 ?

And what do you mean by 1 drop ?

Kevin Smith
Officers

https://s20.photobucket.com/albums/b202/Valaluveang/Posters/

Back to top Go down

Post  Xian Sat May 03, 2008 7:43 pm

Kevin Smith wrote:
Xian wrote:

What about the mp5 ?

prolly the mana regen ignores the Spirit stat Sad ?
Jez mp5 = 2mp5 lmao
Pen, b4 patch 300-400'ish, now 77mp5 xD
me, b4 400'ish, now 70mp5 Razz
Xian
Xian
Officers

Back to top Go down

2.4 patch upgrade Empty Duel for Real!

Post  draque Sat May 03, 2008 9:26 pm

haha when when one dies in a duel, he now dies for real!
damn expensive and dangerous to duel now. Twisted Evil

also, once i experienced force quitting and i came back dead even tho no mob around.
but ogah tried before and was ok..

FYI GM. Very Happy

draque

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun May 04, 2008 12:39 am

Xian wrote:
Kevin Smith wrote:
Xian wrote:

What about the mp5 ?

Jez mp5 = 2mp5 lmao

Very observant Xian Smile Actually I was reading core developer forum and because of 2.4.1 patch the mana regen section got a rewrite and it's should be ok if you are 70 or below. The modification doesn't take account of people above level 70 the formula might got reversed for people above 70..

To fix this one I have to write my own patch because core developers only support up to level 70. This might take time so please be patient...

Thanks for understanding..

Last edited by Admin on Sun May 04, 2008 5:38 am; edited 1 time in total

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ghogiel Sun May 04, 2008 1:25 am

Xian wrote:
Kevin Smith wrote:
Xian wrote:

What about the mp5 ?

Jez mp5 = 2mp5 lmao

From 2.4, INT is taken into account when regenarting mana -- not only SPI.
The mana regen formula is now uniform across all classes.
Code:
 MP5 = 5 * (0.001 + sqrt(Int) * Spirit * Base_Regen)
Base_Regen for level 70 is 0.009327

For other level Base_Regen, check the complete article.

ghogiel
Officers

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun May 04, 2008 6:43 am

k3npachi wrote:when i leveled up from 65 - 66 it doesn't give 2 talent like it should be, i only got 1 talent like the way the retail.

I haven't change talent rates, if I do that you will have negative talents and be forced to respec btu that didn't happen it means the talents rates are correct. If anything, it could be that your char was assigned incorrect talent amount so this time it gets corrected. Just compared the amount of talents given to you in total with other chars..

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down